In order to get the most enjoyment out of your visit, Super 8 Fernie has established the policies and procedures for your convenience.
Check in time is 3:00 pm. Early arrivals may store luggage in a complimentary locker.
Check out time is 11:00 am. After 12:00 noon a charge of $20 per hour applies, after 4:00 pm you will be charged a nights stay.
A credit card is required to confirm or guarantee reservation. Your credit card will not be charged in advance of stay. We will not guarantee any reservation without a major credit card. We may do a 4pm hold at our discretion. (room will be held until 4pm on day of check-in but after 4 we might sell the room to another person)
NON SMOKING POLICY
Our facility is 100% smoke free. This includes the hot tub enclosure and sun deck. There is a fine of $250.00 for violation of this policy. WE STRICTLY ENFORCE THIS POLICY
Pets cost $15 each per night, no more than two pets per room. Pets are not to be left unattended in guest room. Pets are not permitted in lobby during breakfast hours, please use back/door to gain entry. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pet anywhere on hotel property. Guests with pets must sign a waiver at check in. Unregistered pets found in building will be subject to a $250.00 fine. We have a limited number of pet friendly rooms so it is advisable to make reservations.
If guest wants to pay for their stay with cash/debit we do require a $250.00 deposit and Full payment for the duration of your stay at check-in.
If the reservation is cancelled outside 24 hours prior to arrival, there will be no charges applied If the reservation is cancelled within 24 hours prior to arrival, the 1st night’s room and tax will be charged A cancellation number will be issued at time of notification - FOR ALL PACKAGES THE CANCELLATION NOTICE IS 72 HOURS
You are responsible for leaving the room in the same condition (with normal usage) as it was when you arrived. The registered guest will be held responsible for any and all damages to the room found during the stay or after departure. This property is privately owned and operated. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. We assume no responsibility for accidents or injuries to guests or vehicles. We will not be held responsible for loss or damage to valuables that are not secured properly. This property is privately owned and operated. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone
At Fernie Super 8, we operate to high standards of performance and advocate socially and environmentally sustainable business practices. Our aim is to bring a positive benefit to the societies in which we operate through high quality services, economic growth, environmental protection, community involvement and employment. In order to adhere to these principles, we endeavor to:
- Set sound environmental and social objectives and targets, and integrate a process of review and reporting.
- Comply with all applicable environmental laws, statutes, and regulations.
- Continuously improve environmental performance and reduce environmental impact of our activities.
- Create environmental awareness among our employees, customers, suppliers and the community at large.
- We have replaced all incandescent light bulbs with new LED bulbs.
- We purchased the most efficient hot water heater on the market “The Cyclone”
- All laundry machines for washing and drying all your linens and towels were purchased in 2012 and are energy efficient.
- All laundry is done in cold water. Eliminating heating water before each wash.
- No throw away dishes for breakfast.
- We use active Ion to clean most surfaces.
- All room cleaning chemicals are environmentally friendly
- We shop local as much as possible.
- No plastic bag liners in guest room garbage cans. The cans a wiped down every day.
- Fridges are left unplugged in guest rooms when not in use.
- LED lighting behind all signage.
- Replaced the little plastic bottles of shampoo and conditioner with dispensers.
- Have a written environmental and responsible tourism policy document.
- Engage in achieving a reduction in the energy consumption of our hotel.
- Have effective energy efficient lighting installed in at least 50% of areas.
- Have a member of staff who has been designated to monitor energy performance and set new targets based on results.
- Have installed environmentally friendly flow restrictors / controllers on showerheads and taps.
- Have a guest towel reuse/bed linen changing program in place to save water.
- Wash laundry in cold water as much as possible.
- Collect recyclable items separately (cardboard, plastic, glass, metals, food waste, etc.).
- Encourage guests to buy products that are made locally.
In the next five years we aim to:
- Have a policy of purchasing low energy equipment for electrical devices such as fridges, TV’s microwaves.
- Have measures in place to ensure that our energy supply does not adversely impact on the energy supply for local residents.
- Have an energy management system installed to turn lights and air conditioning off in empty guest rooms.
- Avoid using single use condiments (jam, butter, etc.) with more packaging, in favor of reusable containers.
- Support and actively contribute to local community development projects.
- Educate guests about how they can make a positive contribution to local biodiversity and conservation efforts.
- Encourage guests to explore the destination beyond the boundaries of the property.
- Include environmental aspects into employee training, such as how to reduce energy, water and waste.